Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The forgotten post

Funnily enough, yesterdays Weird challenge has lead to forgetting that I was supposed to post about it!  So, what did I do? I banned the computer from my living/working space and have put it where it belongs,  on my desk.  I had this bad, bad, bad habit of checking the Internet and email every 20 minutes. Really, as if I were THAT important. OR the status updates from friends.  No offense folks, I love you, but I think 20 minutes at the end of the day should really be enough to catch up on what is going on in the virtual world of FB. 
It got so bad that I stopped using FB for a couple of days, and even now, I give myself twice a day to check. Because.... I am probably the only one struggling with this, but if my first thing is to check the virtual world (including FB, or yahoo news), instead of spending time with me Lord and Savior, its save to say that my priorities are of this world.
So, my weird challenge for today is... Find your distraction, and put it where it belongs. Don't get rid of it in a radical process of (wrongful) purification, but find the place where it is a tool, not a crutch.

Blessings to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment