Monday, March 12, 2012

More! I need more!

Today's Weird Challenge is... My closet.  Now, I have five kids and a husband. And a backyard that produces lots of mud for those five kids.  So my laundry load is, at best, big, at worst... Debilitating.  I average about three loads a day. If I don't, then I end up with my current mess: It's Monday around noon time and I am on load number 7, sadly, that means I am only half way done. 
This morning I was considering this. It's a huge time investment, so how can I make it easier.  Do I really, really, really need all these clothes?  Why do I need them?  Because I want, or because there is an actual need.  In my case it had a lot do with WANT.  I am not working in the corporate world, nor do I represent anybody in front of cameras. If anything, my kids will smear their PB&J on my shirt,  followed by the flour for the muffins we are baking and not to mention one of my twins cleaning his nose off on my shoulder.
Now, please keep in mind, clothes are objects.  They are not good or bad, they just are.  But I am challenged to remove things that keep me from following Christ, and 4 loads of laundry a day are part of it.  So, downsizing it is - even if I REALLY like that skirt... 

Now, as for why I started this: You can blame it on the book "Weird, because normal isn't working" by Craig Groeschel.  It's challenging me.  Stretching.  And occasionally gets me to think: "Do you have ANY idea what my life is like. It's not THAT easy."  But that in turn made me realize how often I use the same phrase when I get challenged by Christ and my daily life.  So,  in order to grow I am getting weird.  Bear with me while I try to grow.

Blessings to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment